Summer just isn't summer without a splash in a lake or river. Free public beaches throughout Kawartha Lakes are the perfect place to take the plunge. Even better, many have safe but challenging play structures for kids and picnic areas to round out a day of relaxation and fun.
- Riverview Park - Offers 75 metres of sand beach located east on Highway 36 on Mill Street (follow signs towards Forbert Memorial Pool)
- Beach Park - This 75 metre sand beach is located at Kawartha Lakes Road 24 & Park Street in Bobcaygeon.
Coboconk & Area
- Coboconk Lions Park Beach - Located off Highway 35 this day-use park offering picnic facilities.
- Sandy Beach - Located on Blanchard's Road
- Four Mile Lake - Located at Burnt River Lake offers a 12 metre sand beach with washroom facilities. Directions: From Highway 35 turn right onto Country Road 121, left onto County Road 44, and left again on Hillside Drive and follow to the end.
- Balsam Lake Provincial Park -This large sandy beach with a buoyed swimming area, change house, full day-use picnic and playground facilitiees and a seasonal store is located west of Coboconk on Highway 48.
- Birch Point - Located on Birch Point Road on Balsam Lake this 15 metre grassy strip is located at the end of the lane at the "T" and offers public Swimming. Directions from Fenelon Falls take County Road 8 West, turn right onto Birch Point Road and right again onto Birchwood Lane.
Fenelon Falls & Area
- Garnet Graham Park - Located at the end of Bond and Francis Street in Fenelon Falls this beach is located on Cameron Lake and features a beach, public swimming, picnic facilities and playground equipment.
- Verulam Park - Located onKawartha Lakes Road 30, just east of Fenelon Falls offers good swimming, picnic facilities as well as a public boat dock and launch.
- Island Park - Located in Fenelon Falls just off Colborne Street between Lock 34 and the dam, this Park offers views of the Locks and seasonal boat traffic as well as picnic facilities.
Kirkfield & Area
- Mitchell Lake Beach- Features grassy water access to lake. Directions: From Fenelon Falls take County Road 8 West, turn right onto County Road 35, then turn left on Highway 48, turn right at Hilcrest Avenue and then turn right again at Doig Street.
- Centennial Park -Located on County Road 33 between Kirkfield and Bolsover offers a great beach and picnic facilities.
- Carden Recreation Centre- The area surrounding the Carden Recreation Centre features a children's playground, baseball diamonds and a beach and swimming area. Located on Dalrymple Lake Road.
Lindsay & Area
- Sandbar Beach - Located in Valentia on Sandbar Road.
Norland & Area
- Norland Beach - Located on Shadow Lake Road 3 this beach offers swimming and fishing.
- Pumphouse Beach in Kinmount is a sand and pebble beach fronting on the Burnt River. Located off Highway 121 (roadway alongside Post Office).
Omemee & Area
Click here for more information regarding parks & beaches.
Weekly Kawartha Lakes beach testing results are available atwww.hkpr.on.ca